Sage International School Cross Country
Cross Country at Sage is all about getting students to enjoy the sport of running. We strive to make practices fun, beneficial, and educational. Racing is not a skill that just appears, but is honed after offering a multitude of experiences over a long period of time. As middle school students practice and race they begin to get a feel for the sport and all that it can offer them. Sage cross country runners enjoy a supportive team that works hard and plays hard together!
Morgan Baker fell in love with distance running when she first enjoyed cross country in 7th grade. Since then she has raced at the middle, high school and college level. As an adult, Ms Baker finds balance, space to recharge, and the friendly competition from her youth in ultra trail races. Her favorite place to run is on the Stack Rock trails or in the Owyhee Mountains.
Morgan Baker – firstname.lastname@example.org
Bryce Mercer initially started running at an early age coached through the Team Idaho program. He then ran his way through his education competing at Liberty Elementary, East Junior High, Boise High School and then Willamette University. After college Bryce discovered the “joy” long distance running and has competed in marathons around the world including Boston, Athens, Istanbul, Munich, and New Zealand. He found it a unique way to experience local culture and geography.
Bryce Mercer – email@example.com
Practices will begin on Monday, August 15th. They will run Mondays-Thursdays 3:50-5:00pm. Students change and meet in small cafeteria(Le Petit Cafe) by 3:50pm. Parents pick up students at Parkcenter doors (new 6th-10th grade entrance) at 5:00. If the air quality is RED (AQI of 150 or higher) we will have practice INDOORS.
- Well fitting running shoes
- Running clothes
- Water bottle
- Not required but strongly recommended that students bring a healthy snack and sunscreen.
Sage’s Season Guide (calendar and other information)
IMPORTANT NOTE ON TRANSPORTATION: We will provide bus transportation to and from EACH meet. We will meet at and return to the Parkcenter Doors at Sage for each meet. With the exception of our first meet in McCall, we will assume that EACH registered student is running AND taking the bus to/from each meet. Please email Ms. Baker and Mr. Mercer directly if your child will miss a meet OR will not be riding the bus to a meet.
How to Register for the Team
The following items are required for students to participate. Please note that item 1-3 are digital and items 4 and 5 are paper items. These can be submitted to at the front desk or you may scan and email your signed health forms to Morgan Baker (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Bryce Mercer (email@example.com)
- Complete the Cross Country Registration online.
- Complete the Risk Waiver online.
- Parents/guardians read the following concussion sheet and sign: Concussion Acknowledgement Form
- Parents/guardians complete the Idaho Association Health Exam and Consent Form (Printed copies are available at the front desk). Sage requires a signature from your family doctor saying that your child is in good health to participate. You do NOT need to schedule a new doctor’s appointment. You may skip the physical exam checklist as long as a physician signs the bottom of the form under the heading “Clearance/Recommendations” OR provides a brief note to the school indicating that the student is in good health.
- Pay the activity fee after all the above have been completed to confirm registration. Checks can be made out to Sage International School. Please contact Arron Walton at firstname.lastname@example.org if this will be financial hardship for your family.