Sage International School Cross Country
Cross Country at Sage is all about getting students to enjoy the sport of running. We strive to make practices fun, beneficial, and educational. Racing is not a skill that just appears, but is honed after offering a multitude of experiences over a long period of time. As middle school students practice and race they begin to get a feel for the sport and all that it can offer them. Sage cross country runners enjoy a supportive team that works hard and plays hard together!
Morgan Baker fell in love with distance running when she first enjoyed cross country in 7th grade. Since then she has raced at the middle, high school, and college level. As an adult, Ms. Baker finds balance, space to recharge, and friendly competition from her youth in ultra trail races. Her favorite place to run is on the Stack Rock trails or in the Owyhee Mountains.
Morgan Baker – email@example.com
Bryce Mercer initially started running at an early age and coached through the Team Idaho program. He then ran his way through his education competing at Liberty Elementary, East Junior High, Boise High School, and then Willamette University. After college Bryce discovered the “joy” of long-distance running and has competed in marathons around the world including Boston, Athens, Istanbul, Munich, and New Zealand. He found it a unique way to experience local culture and geography.
Bryce Mercer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Practices will begin on Monday, August 21st. They will run Mondays-Thursdays 3:50-5:00pm. Students change and meet in Mr. Mercer’s room by 3:50 pm. Parents pick up students at Parkcenter doors (6th-10th grade entrance) at 5:00. If the air quality is RED (AQI of 150 or higher) we will have practice INDOORS.
- Well-fitting running shoes
- Running clothes
- Water bottle
- Not required but strongly recommended that students bring a healthy snack and sunscreen.
Sage’s Season Guide (calendar and other information)
How to Register for the Team:
Registration Deadline is August 14th. The following forms are required for students to participate. These can be submitted to at the front desk or you may scan and email your signed health forms to Morgan Baker (email@example.com) or Bryce Mercer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Complete the Cross Country Registration Form. The online registration form includes Sage’s registration, Sage’s risk waiver, and IHSAA Concussion Acknowledgement.
- Parents/guardians complete the Idaho Association Health Exam and Consent Form (Printed copies are available at the front desk). Sage requires a signature from your family doctor saying that your child is in good health to participate. You do NOT need to schedule a new doctor’s appointment. You may skip the physical exam checklist as long as a physician signs the bottom of the form under the heading “Clearance/Recommendations” OR provides a brief note to the school indicating that the student is in good health.
- Pay the $100 activity fee by the end of the day on Thursday, August 9th. Checks can be made out to Sage International School. Please contact Arron Walton at email@example.com if this will be a financial hardship for your family.