Forge International School Cross Country
Are you interested in running? Want to improve your speed and endurance? Want to play games and laugh with other awesome middle schoolers? Want to be part of an amazing team this fall? Look no further, we are so excited to announce our first season of cross country! Please read the information below to see if your Forge MYP student would like to join our team!
This is open to all 6-10th grade students. The 6-8th graders will train and compete as middle school athletes, while the 9th and 10th grade students will do so as high school athletes. There is a different distance for the high school, so training will look a little different between the two groups.
Meet the Coaches
Austin Ambrose is our new Dean of Students at Forge! He’s also an avid runner! He ran cross country and track throughout his high school years, then trained for two marathons while in college. Now he enjoys running for the love of the activity. He also coached the team at his previous school.
Megan Furois is the MYP PE and Health teacher. She is coming from coaching Sole KIDS and Girls on the Run at the PYP level, as well as running Forge Expeditions- Outdoor Education. Megan loves to be active outdoors and run. She’s trained for and run several half marathons and has run 5ks with students in the past.
Practices will begin on Monday, August 15th. They will run Monday-Thursday from 4:15-5:15pm, with a workout to be done independently on Friday-Sunday. Students will have 15 minutes after school to get dressed and ready for practice. We will meet in the gym at 4:15! Pick up from practice will be outside Forge in the pick up line.
*On these days runners will leave Forge early, missing some class. Runners will need to maintain academic proficiency throughout the season in order to be eligible to participate in meets.
- Well-fitting running shoes
- Athletic/running shorts
- Water bottle
How to Register for the Team:
The following forms are required for students to participate. Please note that item 1,2 and 3 are digital and items 4-5 are paper items. These can be submitted to Ms. Jessica at the front desk or you may scan and email your signed health forms to Jarret Ellsworth (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. Complete the Cross Country Registration Form online
2. Complete the Risk Waiver form
3. Parents/guardians read the following concussion sheet: Middle/High school: Concussion Information Acknowledgement Form
4. Parents/guardians complete the Idaho Activities Association Health Exam and Consent Form (Printed copies are available at the front desk. Forge requires a signature from your family doctor saying that your child is in good health to participate. You do NOT need to schedule a new doctor’s appointment. You may skip the physical exam checklist as long as a physician signs the bottom of the form under the heading “Clearance/Recommendations” OR provides a brief note to the school indicating that the student is in good health.)
5. Pay the $75 activity fee by the end of the day on Monday 8/23. Checks can be made out to Forge International School. Please contact Jarret Ellsworth at email@example.com if this will be a financial hardship for your family.