Basketball (Middle School Girls)
Sage Middleton Girls Basketball
Girls Basketball for grades 6th, 7th and 8th grade at Sage International Middleton School is an important part of the overall education experience for our students. Basketball provides opportunities to learn the sport as well as providing opportunities to learn sportsmanlike behavior while working as a team. We also provide a supportive environment to build life skills that will serve young women in the future.
We offer basketball for a variety of ability levels. Girls basketball is a competitive team or teams depending on enrollment numbers. The expectations are to be present and participate at practices and all games. Students will have an academic progress check bi-weekly to ensure players are completing school work and are principled in the classroom.
Coach Zach Mega
Zach Mega is an MYP teacher here at Sage Middleton. He is a lifelong basketball player, playing in both middle and high school, and continues to play recreationally on a weekly basis today. Mr. Mega’s coaching philosophy is rooted in player fundamental formation, and his aim is to see all players exit the season with the skills necessary to continue playing basketball for life. This is his second season coaching middle school basketball.
Coach Ian Norland
Ian Norland has 3 years of experience coaching Middle School student athletes including boys basketball and coed wrestling. He teaches Spanish to 6th through 9th graders here at Sage Middleton. Coach Norland teaches a growth mindset focusing on skill acquisition and safe play. Previously, he has played post positions and has strengths in teaching rebounding, defense, and passing from the post.
Practices will begin on Monday, October 2, 2023. They will run Monday-Thursday from 4:00-6:00 pm. Pick-up from practice will be outside Sage Middleton in the pickup line.
Game Schedule for the 2023/2024 school year.
* Well-fitting basketball/athletic shoes
* Gym shorts and shirts for practice
* Water bottle
Registration Deadline is September 20th so please don’t wait to register. The following forms are required for students to participate:
- Complete the Sage Middleton Basketball Registration Form online. The online registration form includes Sage’s registration, Sage’s risk waiver and IHSAA Concussion Acknowledgement.
- Parents/guardians complete Idaho Activities Association Health Exam and Consent Form. Printed copies are available at the front desk if needed, and can be submitted at the front desk or scanned and emailed with your signed health forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sage Middleton requires a signature from your family doctor saying that your child is in good health to participate. You do NOT need to schedule a new doctor’s appointment. You may skip the physical exam checklist as long as a physician signs the bottom of the form under the heading “Clearance/Recommendations” OR provides a brief note to the school indicating that the student is in good health.
- Pay the $125 activity fee by the end of the day on Thursday, September 14th. Checks can be made out to Sage International School Middleton. Please contact Arron Walton at email@example.com if this will be a financial hardship for your family.