Forge International School Basketball
Boys Basketball for grades 6th, 7th and 8th at Forge International Middle School is an important part of the overall education experience for our students. Basketball provides opportunities to learn the sport as well as providing opportunities to learn sportsmanlike behavior while working as a team. We also provide a supportive environment to build life skills that will serve young men in the future.
We offer basketball for a variety of ability levels. Boys basketball is a competitive team or teams depending on enrollment numbers. The expectations are to be present and participate at practices and all games. Students will have an academic progress check bi-weekly to ensure players are completing school work and are principled in the classroom.
Jarret Ellsworth is a Middle School teacher at Forge and has been coaching for 15 years in the Treasure Valley. He has coached elementary club teams as well as both Junior Varsity and Varsity teams at various schools. He is also a certified personal and group fitness trainer.
Arin Jeffs is originally from Oklahoma where she played Varsity basketball all 4 years of high school. Beyond high school, she helped assist the Middle School that she attended and has coached at various levels within the community on club teams for her children. She feels passionate that kids benefit from being part of the community that is built through team sports and by being pushed to work hard at something they enjoy. She has loved basketball all her life and she is very excited about sharing that love within the Forge community.
Practices will begin on Monday, January 9th. They will run Monday-Thursday from 4:00-6:00pm. Pick up from practice will be outside Forge in the pick up line.
* Well fitting basketball/athletic shoes
* Gym shorts and shirts for practice
* Water bottle
How to Register for the Team: Registration Deadline is January 5th so please don’t wait to register. The following items are required for students to participate. Please note that item 1, 2 and 3 are digital and items 4-5 are paper items. These can be submitted to at the front desk or you may scan and email your signed health forms to Jarret Ellsworth (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. Complete the Basketball Registration online
2. Complete the Risk Waiver form
3. Parents/guardians read the following concussion sheet and sign.
Concussion Information Acknowledgement Form
3. Parents/guardians complete Idaho Activities Association Health Exam and Consent Form (Printed copies are available at the front desk. Forge requires a signature from your family doctor saying that your child is in good health to participate. You do NOT need to schedule a new doctor’s appointment. You may skip the physical exam checklist as long as a physician signs the bottom of the form under the heading”Clearance/Recommendations” OR provides a brief note to the school indicating that the student is in good health.)
5. Pay the $100 activity fee. Checks can be made out to Forge International School. Please contact Jarret Ellsworth at email@example.com if this will be financial hardship for your family.