Title IX Coordinator
Sage International School does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, or sexual orientation in its education programs or activities and is guided by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. Title IX protects people from discrimination based on sex, gender or gender identity which includes sexual harassment and misconduct in education programs or activities.
Title IX (Volume 34, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 106) states that: No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.
What is Sexual Harassment?
Conduct on the basis of sex that satisfies one or more of the following:
- Quid pro quo by an employee (an employee of the recipient conditioning the provision of an aid, benefit, or service of the recipient on an individual’s participation in unwelcome sexual conduct); or
- Unwelcome conduct determined by a reasonable person to be so severe, pervasive, AND objectively offensive that it effectively denies a person equal access to the recipient’s education program or activity; or
- “Sexual Assault,” shall mean forcible and non-forcible sex offenses as defined in the Clery Act, or “Dating Violence,” “Domestic Violence,” or “Stalking” as defined in the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA).
The above-named Title IX Coordinator is responsible for:
- Prevention and remediation of: gender discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual assault, stalking, intimate partner/relationship violence, bullying and cyberbullying retaliation
- Assurance of compliance with requirements to stop, prevent, remedy
Assurance of final decisions and resolution
Sage International School takes violation of Title IX seriously and wants to ensure that students and staff are in a safe and engaging place to be IB. Individuals have the right to file a complaint using the Sexual Misconduct Reporting Form 3085F2 or to directly contact the Office of Civil Rights (OCR link)
Visit the Board Policies Page for form 3085F2 and related policies and forms.
The Title IX Coordinator completed required training for this role. You may review it here.
Additional Webinar Training slideshows provided by Annie Hightower, JD may be reviewed here.